Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Is Upon Us


The week of Thanksgiving has arrived! I'm really excited about this for two reasons: 1.) It's a three day work week 2.) Thanksgiving marks the official beginning of the holiday season.

I absolutely love this time of year. I love everything from holiday decorating and baking, to Christmas songs and shopping/creating for family and friends.

This year A and I are hosting Thanksgiving for my family. I feel like such an adult! A and I are really proud of the little home we have made in the past two-plus years we have lived together, and we are excited to host our first holiday event.

I never really appreciated the amount of work that goes into Thanksgiving until this year. There is so much preparation involved! I begin a four-day cooking/baking extravaganza tonight, with sweet potato rolls and homemade graham cracker crust on the agenda...

Initially I thought, " This is your first holiday event, just keep it simple". With all of the homemade treats I have planned, it's turning out to be a bit chaotic. I have to admit, though, that I am really enjoying the challenge.

What are your plans for the holiday? Are you a guest or host? Which Thanksgiving treats are you most looking forward to?

{image from here}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...