Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happiness Is..


1. Painting, drawing and otherwise creating. I'm making our little family's Christmas card this year, which I'm really excited about! I'll share it here once I finish..

2. Spending time in the kitchen making whole, yummy food for those I care about. In the past few days alone I have made a loaf of bread, chicken pot pie, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and turkey chili. It's such a soothing thing to be in the kitchen chopping, mixing, tasting and enjoying.

3. Returning after work to a warm, cozy home. Nothing makes me happier than to have two kitties greet me in the entryway, followed by my boy. This little ritual signals to me that I am home, and the stress of the work day begins to fade away.

4. Date nights. Tonight A and I are heading to the movies to see Morning Glory. It's not really about the movie so much as it is about spending time together. I'm really looking forward to it :)

5. Days off! I don't have to work tomorrow, and I intend to savor it. I plan to make myself something nice for breakfast, perhaps attend a yoga class and work on a few crafty things that I haven't had much time for. There are some chores that SHOULD get done, of course, but I'm seriously considering blowing those off. Laundry can wait for another day :)

What makes you happy? I would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...