Monday, October 25, 2010

Sunny Disposition


Although the weather was a bit gloomy this Monday morning, I chose to ignore it and wear my brightest teal dress to work. It's amazing what a colorful outfit can do for your attitude! My spirits were noticeably lifted on this first day of the work week. And, call me crazy, but I honestly believe people were NICER as a result! I think my cheerful outfit actually affected those around me a positive way, too. Whether there is any truth to my theory I'm not sure, but I kind of love the idea of it.

My experiment today was most likely inspired by the latest piece I finished, Sunny Disposition. It's bright, cheerful and kind of fun. This is one of my first attempts painting with acrylic, and I have to say that I am loving the medium! The vibrancy of the color, the texture, everything.. I'm definitely going to keep playing with it and see where it takes my work.

I hope everyone had a lovely start to the week!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...