Monday, February 8, 2010

Grahams and Gifts


This weekend I tried out a recipe for graham crackers, courtesy of the brilliant Deb of Smitten Kitchen. I have made several of the recipes she has featured on her blog, and I adore them all. These little lovelies were certainly no exception..

I am a HUGE cracker lover, but I find that I fill my cabinets with so many kinds that they often become stale before I get around to finishing them. Many of the fabulous foodies out there in the blogosphere have inspired me to begin making from scratch many of the foods I crave from a box. I have slowly begun to incorporate this idea into my daily life, and I am loving the results!

Personally, I had never considered making my own crackers. The process, to my surprise, was quite quick and simple - not to mention cost effective. I had all of the ingredients on-hand for these, and they taste far better than anything you can buy in the grocery store.

I was so excited about these, that I immediately wrapped some up for my neighbor (and fellow cat-lover as evidenced by the box). She brought banana bread over to A. and I earlier in the evening, so I delivered some graham crackers to her as thanks. Really, I will use any excuse to tuck something into these adorable Chinese takeout boxes.

What surprising types of foods do you prefer to make from scratch? I would love to get some more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...