Thursday, August 19, 2010

Baby Deer and a Really Big Cookie



Tonight I have the house to myself. Whenever this happens, you can bet that I will bake something (to keep myself busy) and have a restless night of sleep. The first part is certainly true for this evening; I baked this giant cookie. It's cooling on the stove as we speak. What can I say, I like to have my boy around. On the rare occasion that he is away, I console myself in his absence with buttery goodness!

I am really excited about my latest print, which I hope to have in the shop very soon! This particular piece was inspired by all of the baby deer I have been seeing around my home lately. There are so many sweet little deer families living around us! Rarely a day goes by that I don't have the pleasure of seeing at least a couple of them up close. Just today I saw a baby CHASING a groundhog across the grass! 

This albino deer was spotted by A. near our place. How sweet is he? I have been looking for him daily on my walk to work, but I haven't been lucky enough to see him yet.


I hope everyone is having a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...