Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Clean..and Simplification


Do you know how some people find cleaning to be extremely relaxing and therapeutic? How about those people who get a thrill out of organizing everything from the home office desk to the spice cabinet? I know many people like this. What I can tell you with certainty, however, is that I am not one of them.

Don't get me wrong, I love a clean home as much as the next person. It's such a relief to come home to a space that is spotless, neat and organized. But, I am sure that I am not alone when I say that cleaning is a chore that I just don't like. I often find myself coming up with other, "more important" chores in order to avoid cleaning. Frankly, I would happily cook a week's worth of meals for anyone who would agree to clean my apartment!

A. and I just renewed our lease for another year, and ever since I have had the biggest urge to overhaul the place. I have grand plans to clean our apartment from top to bottom, while sifting through all of our "stuff" and getting rid of anything extra that we really don't need. We plan to move out-of-state next year and I really want to streamline our possessions, keeping only those things we really need and/or love.

I have all kinds of re-decorating ideas and projects that I want to get started on, too. Grad school is quickly winding down (four weeks, eep!), and I am excited to have some extra time to work on other things I enjoy. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks I will have some home pictures to share with you!

Does the warm weather make you anxious to give your place a good scrub, or is it just me?

{image found here}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...