Thursday, April 8, 2010

TOMS Shoes


I came across TOMS shoes this morning, and I am loving both the product and the mission of this innovative company:

"TOMS Shoes was founded on a simple premise: With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for One. Using the purchasing power of individuals to benefit the greater good is what we're all about. The TOMS One for One business model transforms our customers into benefactors, which allows us to grow a truly sustainable business rather than depending on fundraising for support."

I think it's so great that creative entrepreneurs have found ways to make a living while at the same time giving back to others in a really positive way. As an economics nerd, I was sold when I read "purchasing power" in their mission statement.

Aren't these shoes just adorable? I would love a few pairs for the coming summer months.



1 comment:

  1. I love TOMS! Unfortunately I have had much extra cash lately so perhaps they'll make it to a birthday list or something. I also really love their t-shirt that says "barefoot at heart".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...