Thursday, June 10, 2010

Signed, Sealed, Delivered


Today I was offered my first post-grad professional position! I just finished writing my formal acceptance letter, and it feels great! Although the position isn't in my field, the work should be interesting enough, and I am excited about making the transition from student to professional. I have really enjoyed some time off, but the fact of the matter is that life happens, and there are bills to pay.

What my short period of unemployment has shown me is that my creative interests and other hobbies are really important to me. I plan to keep drawing, crafting and otherwise creating. I am starting to learn a new language. I have always wanted to try yoga or Pilates, and now I feel as though I have the time to do so.

I see this period of my life as time of transition. The next year or so is going to bring with it a lot of changes for A. and I (more on this later), and this summer really marks the beginning of a new adventure for us. Right now is an exciting, scary and uncertain time for us. We don't know where we will be a year from now, and that is OK.

{image via}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...