Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Adventures in the City That Never Sleeps


I spent this past weekend on a mother-daughter trip to New York City. We had a fantastic time roaming the city, eating, shopping and frequenting the theatre (three shows in three days!). I had never been to a city larger than Boston, so this was so much fun! 


Being a Maine native, the sheer size of the city blew my mind. In three days we couldn't even begin to scratch the surface of all the city has to offer. I can't wait to go back with my boy sometime soon. 


NYC was amazing, but I must admit I was relieved to land back in Portland on Sunday. Being in a place so different really made me appreciate what makes Maine a wonderful place to live. I love the fashion, food and culture that is so unique to a metropolitan area, but I adore the beauty and quiet of New England, too.


Tell me, are you always happy to return after a trip? What makes a place feel like home to you?

I hope everyone had a relaxing, safe fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...