Saturday, July 31, 2010
Good Morning! It's the weekend, and the weather couldn't be finer.
On the agenda for today:
- Coffee and quality couch time with my girl Stella
- Patiently awaiting the mailman to arrive with the first print I sold in my shop, which I will happily package and send out on Monday!
- Homemade pizza for the Mr. and I
- A nice drive to see this movie, with a bit of shopping mixed in
- Fresh sea scallops, sweet corn and rice pilaf for dinner at home
It's going to be a lovely day, indeed.
Why I am REALLY here is to share with you a discovery I made last weekend. Behold the most delicious scone you will ever eat!
Whenever I am in the mood to try a new recipe, I always head straight to Smitten Kitchen because I am never disappointed. I tried these out last Saturday, and they were absolutely wonderful! I suggest you run, not walk, to her site and give these a try for yourself. The recipe is very simple, and the results are pure bliss!
I substituted dried cranberries for currants, and used half-and-half instead of heavy cream. Make these. I promise you will not regret it!
Enjoy your Saturday!