Thursday, September 16, 2010

Playing With Color


I want to preface this post by saying I am painfully aware of my terrible photography skills. Not only am I a novice with a camera, but the light in our apartment is awful. Even in the middle of the day, the dreaded flash is a necessity if you want to see anything!

However, I'm really excited to share the results of my recent weekend painting project! I found this fun nightstand at a local yard sale about a year ago. It was a very dark brown color that really made the bedroom feel drab (similar to the bed which I hope to replace soon with a vintage metal one). I chose a color called "banana", and I am really loving the final product. My side of the bed is now bright and cheery; just what I want to wake up to in the morning!

Do you like bright home decor, or do you prefer a calmer space with more neutral tones? I'm curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...