Monday, February 7, 2011

Mixing it Up


Lately I've been on the hunt for wardrobe items that will mix up my look a bit. I tend to gravitate towards cute, colorful and feminine items. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to juxtaposing styles in a fun, interesting way. 

My recent boot purchase got me thinking; A pretty simple way to play with different styles is to mix a few smaller items in with my favorite looks. Shoes and accessories are a great way to play with different aesthetics, without fully committing to a new overall "look". 

I really love this season's bright trousers from Zara, and these tough brown boots from Free People are catching my eye. Mixing a bit of salty with sweet, the tailored pants could be tucked into the slouchy boots; The perfect look for the wet Spring days ahead, no?

2 comments:

  1. Those pants are super cheerful! even if it was a dreary wet spring day you could look down at your legs and be back in good spirits. I don't wear a lot of pink but I really like the blue ones they have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you, Hannah! I don't think it would be possible to be in a bad mood wearing such sunny pants :) I really love the blue ones, too. Maybe a pair of each is in order for next season..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...