Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What Dreams are Made of


The lovely Nina had a sweet post yesterday about daydreaming. Like her, I am a big believer in the power of daydreams; they are the stuff of a life we wish for ourselves. I think it's important to pay close attention to the thoughts that creep in while going through the motions of the every day. We can learn so much about ourselves through our daydreams; perhaps even discover hopes that we haven't yet acknowledged.

Like Nina, I think we each have the ability to create the life we want. The first step is listening to that inner voice. Allow yourself to daydream a bit.

Sometimes a daydream is all you have, when life gets in the way. Taxes, bills, work, errands and my sick boy are priorities this week. Busy as I may be with the everyday, I'm still daydreaming about travel, painting, the beach, romantic dinners and warm cookies.

Perhaps a warm batch of cookies will become a reality tonight. The romantic dinner will have to wait until the boy is feeling better :)

What are you dreaming about today? If the big snow storm is coming your way, stay safe!

1 comment:

  1. I am a big daydreamer too. I've been dreaming about our move and the house that we'll make our own. I've been dreaming about summer time and feeling the warmth of sunshine on my bare skin. Of wearing sandals and t-shirts all the time without layers upon layers of warm clothes.

    But I'm thankful for the Chicago snow day that is no longer a day dream but an actual reality. Oh blizzard, the day off is totally your silver lining!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...