Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Little Thing I'm Trying..

The beginning of the new year has a lot of the creative community talking about ways to incorporate more right-brained goodness into our everyday lives. The Storque article is just one of many places I have seen this conversation going on. 

Although I try to do something creative each day, I know that I could be doing a better job of it. I find myself making excuses; "I had a long day at work, I'm just too tired", or "I don't want to make a mess of the living room with all of my supplies". The fact of the matter is, though, that when I find the time to "make" something I'm a lot happier for it. Once I take that first step, grabbing a pencil and paper, pulling out my paints, I feel calmer and happier almost immediately.

In the spirit of living more creatively each day, I thought I would try a new little feature here on A Random Walk. Each Saturday I am going to share a little sketch of a favorite outfit of mine from the week. My hope is that through sharing a weekly "fashion" self portrait with you, I will sketch more consistently and be more adventurous with the clothes that are already in my closet. I can't have repeat outfits, after all!

So, I'm going to call this little feature "Saturday Style File". If you want to play along, or already have a similar feature on your blog, I would love to see!

Favorite outfit this week:
- Blue turtleneck by H&M
- Cream cardigan by H&M
- Jeans from Gap
- Suede zip boots are old. I'm not sure where I got them
- Chunky bauble ring from Pier 1
- Large pink felt broach was a gift from my mother

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...