Monday, January 24, 2011

Dreams Past and Present



As a child, one of my favorite games to play was "boutique". I would carefully display all the toys and knickknacks in my bedroom, as if it were a retail space. My parents bought me a sweet little adding machine, complete with the receipt tape, so that I could to ring up the goods my "customers" purchased. I could play this game for hours; it never seemed to get old.

As an adult, I'm still really excited by the thought of owning my own boutique. It's a romantic idea to me, so full of creativity and possibility. I hope that someday this childhood dream of mine will take shape, in one manner or another. In the meantime, it's fun to fantasize about!

This latest little painting of mine is directly inspired by my hope to one day own a retail space. On Saturdays, after yoga my boy and I sometimes share breakfast at a cafe in the downtown area near where we live. Across the street is a beautiful, yet neglected, old building with sweet little awnings on all of the windows. The space is currently vacant. I can see so much potential in that little building. This is the vision I have for the space, as seen through my mind's eye..

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful dream! As a child I always thought of owning a little cafe and I still think of it sometimes. Perhaps one day you will see the dream come true!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...