Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Natural Creative Tendencies


In the past couple of weeks I have been sharing some of my more recent art projects. I have been lucky to have some time off since finishing school, and I am devoting most of my free time to sorely neglected hobbies.

This is a drawing I did of one of my kitties, Stella, about a year ago. If I had to pinpoint my natural artistic style, this would be an example of it. In the past I have worked largely with pencil or charcoal, and without color. My natural tendency is to use a lot of lines and shading, rather than trying to identify the simpler shapes that make up the image.

In my more recent projects, I have been experimenting with a cleaner, simpler style. I have also been playing with color. It's a fun challenge, and it adds a bit more variety to the artwork in my apartment (since the majority of it is mine!).

Do you like to play around with different styles when drawing, painting, crafting or otherwise creating? I would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...