Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Handmade Thank You


Right now, I am in search of employment. Since I finished school in early May, I have been enjoying my time off, but reality is beginning to set in; I need to get a job!

It's not that I haven't been looking - I have. I have had some successful interviews, and I am optimistic that I will land something soon. In the meantime, I have been doing what I can to set myself apart from the other job seekers. What better way to do this than adding a personal touch to my correspondence with potential employers?

I have decided to put together handmade "Thank You" notes to send to those I interview with. Each card and envelope is hand-drawn and constructed by me. They don't take too long, as the illustrations I am doing are relatively simple.

Often it is the little things that really make a difference in the job search process. This is my little way of setting myself apart. Hopefully I will soon be able to report that I am gainfully employed. Who knows, perhaps I will have my handmade cards to thank!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...