Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Family Profile


A few weeks ago a posted about incorporating some homemade silhouette art into my space. I had been brainstorming some ideas for artwork in the bedroom, and I thought a cluster of family silhouettes would be just the right thing - both personal and charming.

So, this weekend I got cutting! I took a profile picture of A. and myself, and used the images to freehand our silhouettes. I pondered tracing the photos, but I thought that drawing them by hand would add a more personal touch and a bit of extra fun to the project.

I drew our profiles onto white paper, cut out the images, and used them as templates to trace our silhouettes onto good quality dark paper. I cut out the traced shapes, then glued each silhouette onto a white background - done!

It was a quick little project, and I'm really happy with the result. I plan to do one for each of our kitties (they are our children, after all) as well. I hope to find a few mismatched vintage frames to house each silhouette. I just love the eclectic feel of this collection featured by Country Living.


I would recommend this project to anyone wanting to add a few personal touches to their home decor. If you don't like to draw, you can trace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...