Friday, May 21, 2010

New Hobbies and Weekend Picnics


It's the end of another week! The weather in Maine has been gorgeous as of late. It's really starting to feel like summer, which is wonderful. The forecast looks great for the weekend, too, so I decided that A. and I should take advantage and head to the coast for the first picnic of the season!

On the menu:
cold roasted chicken
pasta salad
homemade french baguette with cheese
cowboy cookies

I'm looking forward to bringing a book and playing with my vintage Nikon 35 mm. A's father is a great photographer, and kindly gave me a camera to test my hand at taking pictures. I would love for it to develop into a hobby. I have to say that I am far from stellar with a digital, so this should be interesting. A. is going to teach me the basics this weekend, which I'm excited about. Hopefully I will have some decent results to share with you!

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

{image: flowers A. picked for me on a walk last summer}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...