Monday, December 20, 2010

2010, You've Been Good to Me



I'm not a big list-maker, which is probably one of the big reasons I'm not particularly organized. Even so, I thought I would throw together a little personal list of 2010 events if for no other reason than to convince myself I accomplished a few things this year! Here goes..

This year I:

Started this blog!
Took a course on differential equations - just for fun
Watched in horror as the hard drive on my computer died, losing LOTS of information
Received my Master's degree, despite previous event :)
Became an avid coffee/tea drinker
Re-discovered crafting, drawing and otherwise creating during the month I was unemployed post-graduation
Learned I could be both an analytical AND creative person
Landed my first "real" job
Went to New York City for the first time. Saw three Broadway shows
Opened my Etsy shop, Pretty Ingrid
Invested in a dutch oven (a major event if you love bread as much as I do)
Took my first yoga and Zumba classes (loved them both)
Hosted Thanksgiving dinner for the first time
Used Photoshop for the first time (Yikes!)
**Endlessly pondered future career path, discovering that what I really WANT to be doing has little to do with what I'm "trained" to do (see "Master's degree"). A scary but pretty freeing realization; this is the most important item on the list.

Yes, I think 2010 has been pretty good to me. I will be a bit sad to see it go, but I think 2011 is going to bring with it even more exciting times.

The image above is a small peak at a little project I am working on. I'm hoping to share more in the next month or so. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. What a big year for you, congratulations on so many exciting things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've definitely accomplished a lot!

    I really want to try Zumba, it sounds like so much fun haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a successful and fulfilling year to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much :) It really has been a great year. I'm looking forward to what is next!

    Hannah - I highly recommend Zumba. It doesn't feel like exercise at all, which I love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...