Monday, December 13, 2010

Changes Are Coming


I know I'm not alone when I say, "things are getting busy around here"! The final few Christmas cards are in the mail (the ones my boy was charged with writing, ahem!), the last gifts have been purchased, and preparations are being made for the homemade goodies I plan to make for friends and family. Craziness is sure to ensue in the next week or two..

Even so, this weekend was relatively quiet. A, being the sweet boy he is, offered to make a few of these with me to add some additional holiday cheer to our place, patiently enduring the Christmas soundtrack that naturally accompanies all holiday crafting :)

On a whim Saturday night, while watching television, I grabbed my sketchbook. I didn't really have a plan, just a sudden desire to make something. The result is the little piece, above. Usually my creative process isn't really driven by impulse. Most of the time I have a pretty clear idea of what I want the final product to look like. This creation was born from a completely different approach, which was fun for me. I just sort of went with a feeling, and the result makes me smile.

I know it's mid-December, but I am really looking forward to the start of 2011. The new year is going to bring with it some big changes for both A and I, likely the biggest year of change yet. It's so exciting to think about, and I can't wait to share as our plans begin to unfold in the next few months. Changes are certainly on the horizon, slowly taking shape as January nears.

Are you excited for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...